I can’t be alone in my dislike of this season. Please tell me I’m not. Of all the four seasons, summer is at the bottom of my like list. Today, for example was a heat index of 109 in the Carolinas. What?!?!
Here are ten reasons why I hate summer.
- Boob sweat – yes, I went there. I abhor a wet bra! Just, no.
- Swimsuits – Unfortunately, shorter clothing and less of it is not flattering to my short, round figure. The height I can thank my parents for. The size, I only have me to blame, but still not my best look.
- Mosquitoes, flies, spiders, ants, wasps and any other insect you can think of. Oh, can’t leave out snakes. Need I say more?
- Hot cars – It doesn’t take much to stretch the imagination to understand what a lobster must feel like when it is dropped into a boiling pot of water. Just get into your car on a day like today. I fairly certain I felt my skin melting.
- Flip flops – This is a love/hate relationship. I love the shoes. Their are so many styles to choose from. My feet on the other hand – or my toes- do not love flip flops. I have ugly toes. Is there such a thing as toe transplants?
- Make-up – is pointless.
- Hot flashes – increase in frequency and level of hotness (not in a good way).
- Allergies – I have not met a Flonase, Zyrtec, Benadryl or Sedated that helped.
- Utility bills – I do not do hot; therefore, my house stays cool – very cool. My power company loves me. My wallet – not so much.
- Gas prices – anyone else notice that gas prices tend to get jacked up when everyone is planning their vacations?
95 days and counting until the first day of Fall. Until then, I will enjoy not only writing but reading in the comfort of my air conditioning.